- Chemical filtering aid in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Sand filter parts in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Industrial pulse jet bag filter in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Filter with air stone in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Magnetite iron price in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Valve sand filter in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Vacuum dewatering machine in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Porcelain water filter in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Filter nozzles pp in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Sand filter for aquarium in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Filter silica sand in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Mineral refinery plant in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Aquarium filter material in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Water well sand filter in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Anthracite filter media suppliers in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Manganese ore high grade in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Solid-liquid separation equipment in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Pp high pressure membrane filter press in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Filter type protective mask in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Iron ore washing plant in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Automatic sand filter in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Sand filter aquarium in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Activated carbon filter vessel in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Rapid sand filter in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Wire frame filters in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Iron ore processing plant in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Perlite thermal insulation mortar in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Fabric belt filter press in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Pi water filter in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
- Iron ore sample in Nigeria, Indonesia and India
Thickener for mineral processing-Dewatering equipment
The thickener is based on gravitational sedimentation of the solid-liquid separation equipment. Thickener is applicable to the concentrate and tailings dehydration processing in beneficiation plant,widely used in metallurgical, chemical, coal, Gold,nonmetal ore dressing, enviroment protection,etc.
This system is a processing equipment to clarify and concentrate the washed wastewater drained from the mineral processing plant or aggregate producing plant. The processing procedure is as follows:
(1) The mixing process: inflow turbid water is mixed well with a flocculent
(2) The flocculation process: flocs produced in the mixing are grown even bigger
(3) The separation process: the resultant flocs are captured. This process includes a clarification and a concentration process. Clarified treated water is usually circulated for reuse. The slurry, which has been concentrated and finished sedimentation, is fed to the dewatering equipment (filter press) in the next process.
Thickener bmdling mine process
The separation of solids from a liquid by gravity sedimentation has traces to the early days of civilization. The normal practice at those times was to use jars or pits mainly for the clarification of extracted liquids such as wine or olive oil from contaminating insoluble matter. These batch processes required four separate steps:
- Filling the vessel with slurry.
- Leaving the slurry for a predetermined time until the solid matter has settled to the bottom of the vessel.
- Decanting the clarified supernatant from the upper part of the vessel.
- Removing the settled underflow that has accumulated at the bottom of the vessel.
This cycle, depending on solid and liquid properties that effect settling rate, may require long detention times so often several vessels are incorporated in the layout to operate in sequential steps.
The method of operating on a batch process is still practiced in small flow industries but its shortcomings are obvious so once the plants grew larger the need for continuous operation became inevitable. The trend in this direction started at the late 19th century when heavy duty applications such as iron ore taconites, hematite, coal, aluminum hydrate, copper pyrite, phosphates and other beneficiation processes have grown rapidly. The high time for thickeners was in the 60's when the metallurgical industries were booming and sizes of up to 150 m diameter were constructed. Such jumbo thickeners, when centrally driven, require for most demanding applications extra heavy duty drive heads some of which reach a continuous operating torque of 3.300.000 Nm.
(1) Outer ring drive system
For the rake rotation, the outer ring drive system, which wastes no power, has been adopted. Because the outer ring is moved by a fixed tire without moving the position of the driving machine, the system does not misfunction or suffer failures, and maintenance is easy and safe.
(2) Slurry detection and automatic drawing-out
The rake goes up and down automatically according to the amount of slurry which sediments and thus it does not overload. At the same time, the rake also detects the amount of slurry and controls the drawing-out automatically, carrying out stable drawing-out of high-density slurry at all times.
(1) Center feed system
Inflow turbid water is introduced into the feed well located at the center. As a result of this, the entire volume is thoroughly utilized uniformly and most efficiently, and therefore, there are no undue events, such as a short circuit, and stable circulating water and slurry density can be obtained using the minimum amount of chemical agent.
(2) Removal of foreign matter
Foreign matter, such as pebbles and wood chips, which hampers the function of the equipment, is removed completely by the foreign matter removing trommel.
3.Chemical agent saving control
The density of the inflow turbid water is measured and according to the cbmges in the density, the amount of chemical agent to be injected is controlled automatically. As a result of this, there is no wasteful excessive addition and thus the amount of agent used is reduced greatly. In addition, because a proper amount is added, the flocculation action is stable, and at the same time, the quality of circulating water is stable. Thus, the sand classification action at the aggregate plant is also stable.
Classification of Particle Subsidence and Thickener Selection
The basic rule for efficient phase separation is that the suspended particles settle in a laminar environment where the upward velocity of the liquid is lower tbm the settling velocity of the solid matter. To meet this requirement the relative settling characteristics of solids in a liquid are defined by three basic groups:
Class #1 – Independent Particle Subsidence
Slurries with a low solids contents that settle freely without interfering with their neighboring particles leaving a clear supernatant. This class follows basically the Stokes Law before reaching the point of entry to the compression zone.
Class #2 – Intermediate Particle Subsidence
Slurries with solids that settle with several zone boundaries of varying degrees of clarity and mostly show no sharp interface. Such slurries are often flocculated to enbmce the capture of fines to speed-up settling.
Class #3 – Mass Particle Subsidence
Slurries with high solids content that may settle freely at the beginning but shortly thereafter the particles enter hindrance that causes settling rate to decrease as concentration increases due to compression. The solids in such slurries show a sharp interface between the clear supernatant and the mass of settling solids.
There are also some in between classes but they are not discussed in this section.
- Common crushing processes of ore dressing plant are there? 06-21
- Ore crushing and grinding generally includes the steps? 06-21
- How to determine the most reasonable particle size of crushed minerals? 06-21
- What is concentration? What fineness? 06-21
- What is the particle size? What is the grain size? What is the mesh? 06-21